What’s new in retail? The mobile world of retail
The proliferation of mobile devices is driving massive changes to the world of retail significantly expanding the use of mobile technology for customer identification, customer engagement, associate training and task management, point of sale (POS) and payments.
This special report, sponsored by PCMS, digs deeper into findings from the BRP 2017 POS/Customer Engagement Benchmarking Survey to explore the significant impact of mobile devices on store operations and how they are “changing retail as we know it.”
The report emphasizes how mobile devices are impacting retail in five key areas:
- Customer identification – Identifying the customer and then delivering a personalized experience is identified as one of this year’s top priorities by 70% of retailers
- Customer engagement – 31% of retailers plan to implement mobile tools for customer engagement within the next 12 months
- Associate training and task management – 89% of retailers plan to offer mobile solutions to associates within three years
- Mobile POS – By 2020, 84% of retailers will utilize mobile POS in their stores
- Mobile payment – Mobile payment acceptance is increasing rapidly with fewer retailers taking a wait and see approach
Download Your Copy Today!